The Financial Analyst 3 provides financial support and creates accurate and timely financial reports as required for Renown Health Leaders. The Financial Analyst 3 will prepare reports as needed, provide educational support to leaders, and establish tracking and trending reports to be utilized by all levels of management. The main emphasis of this position is to aid management in controlling costs and in improving efficiency in the utilization of the organization’s resources.
Nature and Scope
The primary challenge of this position is supporting leadership throughout Renown Health with financial analysis covering a breadth of topics. This position requires a substantial working knowledge of the many financial systems and databases and how they relate to the financial reporting with the system’s financial processes. This position has many assignments and provides information to many individuals, therefore, the incumbent must have the ability to organize and prioritize projects to ensure that deadlines are met and to respond to customers in a timely and effective manner. This position will have access to proprietary information mandating high standards of professionalism, communication, performance, and respect for confidentiality.
This position has the authority to work within the established guidelines to resolve project issues with the appropriate personnel. Decisions that must be referred to leadership are prioritization of assigned projects, major data or database issues, changes in procedure, release of confidential information and expenditures.
The incumbent must exude effective organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the incumbent must be a demonstrated self-starter who can work independently on solving complex business problems with minimal guidance, direction and supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Exceptional financial and statistical analytical skills.
* Problem solving skills to identify research and solve a wide range of work related problems; e.g., time management, work assignments, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to think globally, formulates solutions, create action plans, influence outcomes and drive results.
* Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
* Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage multiple and frequently changing priorities.
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft SQL and database applications.
* Familiar with mainframe programming languages and/or report writers.
* Strong ability to effectively use different reporting tools to extract and organize data and assemble reports using data compiled from various information sources.
* Excellent people skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals in a complex organization and establish strong, cooperative working relationships.
* Able to plan, organize, maintain priorities and schedule to ensure deadlines are met.
* Able to maintain confidentiality and interact effectively with management personnel.
* Able to analyze and interpret data, locate control deficiencies and initiate corrective action.
* Demonstrated self-starter who can attack complex business problems with little guidance and direction.
* Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
* Ability to speak in front of small and large groups.
* Philosophy consistent with the Corporate Culture Statements of Renown Health.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting. Accounting and/or finance experience may substitute for required education on a year-for-year basis.
Requires a minimum of two (2) year’s experience in financial analysis and/or accounting. Minimum of one (1) year experience working with databases/reporting, advanced Excel in a PC environment. Applicants with health care experience will be given preference.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Office Suite; including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access. Excel and Word. Must have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.