Under the direction of Director of IT Project Management Office the IT Portfolio Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of projects approved, funded, and assigned to IT for execution via the various governing bodies at Renown Health. This position will ensure that portfolios initiatives are aligned with business priorities and support the overall objectives of Renown Health. The Portfolio Manager must possess strong program, project, and relationship Management skills and be an effective communicator.
Nature and Scope
This is a senior level individual contributor with focus on:
* Oversight and/or direct execution and delivery of IT projects within a defined portfolio or segment
* Providing transparency of portfolio health and investment including KPIs which ensure successful achievement of goal targets and root cause analysis/course correction when KPIs are not being met
* Demand and Capacity Planning
* Develops a baseline portfolio at the onset of every new operating cycle (Fiscal Year)
* Manages multiple projects under a program or otherwise to an acceptable level or risk – managing scope, time, cost, quality, and to stakeholder expectations
* Establishes and manages financial budgets for projects (e.g., cost/invoice tracking) with timely communication of variances
* Monitors and reports related program and project status and financials
* Facilitates necessary interactions and communications with all project stakeholders and team members in managing efficient project execution
* Coordinates IT resources across multiple disciplines and departments to drive collaboration
* Maintains a close working relationship with project teams, stakeholders/internal customers as required to meet business initiatives * Establishes and maintains relationships with contractors and suppliers
* Manages the project managers who are working within his or her scope of program management
* Supports the continued maturity of the PMO through adoption of changes and new directives and by proactively collaborating with other Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers
* Establishes Program Management leadership through assignment ownership taking initiative and continuously driving for resolution/results
* Reviews the portfolio planning results for your assigned area with top IT and business leadership, facilitating the balance of objectives with constraints, conflicting priorities and facilitates trade-off decision-making that considers investment, resourcing, risk, and value
* Provides guidance and oversight to matrix-based reports who are managing projects within the assigned portfolio
* Resource allocation and capacity planning for assigned portfolio
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Sciences, Healthcare or related degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: * 5 or more years of complex program/project management experience * Strong leadership and relationship skills to interact and communicate with senior executives and leadership * Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills * Demonstrated leadership experience and understanding of information system and technology projects * Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time, on budget while meeting or exceeding project owner expectations. Experience in managing and reporting on program/project financials * Ability to drive collaboration among stakeholders and project team members * Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
Certification(s): PMP certification required. Certified Scrum Master and ITIL preferred.
Computer / Typing: High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.