The Data Integration Developer leads data integration analysis, design and development to deliver application interfaces, electronic data interchange (EDI), ELT processes, data warehouse and other business intelligence and data management initiatives.
Nature and Scope:
This position leads the technical components of data integration processes. This position will work with Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Analysts, DBAs, Data Integration Architects, executives and business stakeholders to deploy data integration automation. Primary focus will be in one of two areas: ELT and/or Application Interfacing. This includes, but is not limited to designing, building, deploying and maintaining: ETL\\ELT processes, external and internal EDI processes, data quality methods, transactional interfaces, data modeling, EDW architectures, data marts, data quality profiling, application of related governance processes and data tool\\system administration.
Additionally, the position provides instruction, training and guidance to internal and external team members to ensure effective and efficient use of system resources.
This role requires strong technical ability.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicate with and inform upstream source system owners about data quality issues.
- Perform detailed data requirements analyses, design and implementation of complex data flows
- Design, direct and implement ETL\\ELT processes, including data capture, data quality, testing and validation methods
- Own and assist in data flow (lineage and transformation logic) documentation, data dictionary, data flow, data mapping and other MDM and Data Governance documentation
- Analysis, recommendations, and influence to overall strategy and roadmap to build data integration ecosystem and supporting toolsets
Depending on assignment, Incumbent must possess:
- Advanced knowledge of physical database design and data structures
- Expert knowledge of one or more database management systems
- Experience with data management platforms (e.g. SSIS, SSAS, InfoSphere, Talend, Informatica, SAS)
- Advanced skill level in SQL, data integration, data modeling and data architecture skills
- Expert knowledge of interface engines and protocols. Experience with HL7, X12 and/or XML and OPENLink
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations, Management, or other related field is required. Experience may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years experience with ELT or interface design, development and maintenance. Proficiency in requirements analysis, reporting build, or other data management related experience.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.