Under the supervision of the Central Supply Supervisor, provide maintenance and replenishment of nursing chargeable carts, medical supplies, and clean patient rental equipment on a 24-hour basis. To assemble supplies and instrumentation of scheduled operating room cases.
Nature and Scope:
This position provides supply expertise to Materials Management, which has interaction with all in-house patient stations, outpatient services, several off-site services, and operating room.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Monitoring proper levels of supplies needed in nursing areas.
- Providing special equipment on demand for patient comfort.
- Reconciliation of all charges from Central Supply to all user stations.
- Maintaining accurate quality assurance retrieval programs.
- Determines adequate levels of reserve supplies for routine use and emergency situations.
- Accurate picking, labeling, shelving and rotation of all patient supplies on nursing carts and in Central Supply.
- Assembly of O.R. case carts.
This position has the authority to:
- Relocate equipment to increase work efficiency.
- Secure rental equipment from vendors.
- Make recommendations for changes on O.R. pick lists.
Decisions that must be referred to the supervisor are:
- Deviations from normal patient charging policy
- Any deviations from established departmental policies.
The major challenges to this position are maintaining control of patient equipment, ordering supplies, and proper patient charges for the department, assembly if case carts.
Other related duties, flexible hours, and overtime may be required.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Ability to learn medical terminology. Performance of basic mathematical functions is required.
Required 6 months stocking experience preferred in a hospital materials management setting.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.