Under the guidance of department leadership, this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of programs and processes to achieve strategic business and operational objectives. The Organizational Development Specialist’s primary focus is to be a resource for leaders in the areas of organizational development, talent management, and training and provide the tools needed to continuously improve performance in retention and employee engagement.
The primary responsibility for this position will vary and may include any (or a combination of all) of the following: 1) design, development and delivery of leader development programs; 2) new leader on-boarding and mentoring; 3) development and implementation of web-based training programs; 4) 4) development, implementation and management of employee development programs; 5) facilitation of organizational assessments and design and delivery of appropriate interventions for organizational teams; and 6) various other development, retention and employee engagement activities determined by strategic business objectives.
Nature and Scope:
The Organizational Development Specialist will work with all levels of leadership and staff as a member of the Human Resources team. This position will manage and coordinate multiple projects and will need to be very flexible in order to meet specific deadlines and accommodate concurrent project priorities.
The primary responsibility of this position is to focus on organizational development effectiveness in the areas of retention, employee engagement and leadership development. This includes:
- Facilitate and monitor system-wide efforts to reinforce the organization’s desired culture and to improve programs and processes as needed to achieve organizational objectives.
- Assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate skills training and development programs through a blended learning model.
- Collaborate with leaders to assess training and development needs.
- Provide consultation and coaching to leaders and staff to enhance performance, alignment, consistency, and continuity in achieving organizational strategies.
- Build image and credibility through flawless execution of programs.
- Work with the HR Business Partners to provide coaching to leaders for improving individual performance and improving effectiveness of the leaders’ team and department.
The responsibilities of this position also include performance of other duties as assigned.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have college-level knowledge of English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Proven experience in a similar role may be substituted for degree.
Experience in organizational development, training and facilitation, instructional design, e-learning, and/or human resources required. Healthcare setting desired.
PHR or SPHR preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.