Renown Health, Northern Nevada’s largest and only not-for-profit locally governed healthcare network is hiring a Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Join our Renown Medical Group Surgical team practicing in the region’s only Level II Trauma Center serving a catchment area of over 900,000.
The successful candidate will be a BE/BC Surgeon with a minimum of 2 years’ experience with routine and complex coronary work, valve repair and replacement and transcatheter valve procedures. A strong work ethic with a focus on quality and collegiality is mandatory.
The CT CV Surgeon will provide cardiothoracic and cardiovascular surgery services for patients in the community, as well as, evaluate new patient consults and see follow up appointments in the Outpatient Clinic. The surgeon will work closely with Intensivists, Cardiologists, Nurses, and Hospitalists. The provider will also have the opportunity to teach Residents and Medical Students as part of Community Faculty for University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. Renown Regional is a state-of-the-art, 800 bed acute care facility with comprehensive and outpatient services and 24-hour emergency care.
- Monday – Friday schedule 7 am to 5 pm
- 1:3 Call rotation
- Heart and Vascular Institute located at Renown Regional Medical Center facility
- Large cardiac Cath Lab for rapid heart disease intervention
- Dedicated Intensivists 24/7 over 4 Intensive Care Units – including a 38 bed CICU
- Dedicated Electrophysiology labs to treat irregular heartbeats
- Strictly Adult Cardiac Surgery; Bread and Butter CT CV
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and MitraClip therapy
- Around the clock Cardiac Anesthesia and perfusion
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation – 1 year salary guarantee; wRVU Productivity + Quality Bonus
- $20,000 Start to Work Bonus
- Malpractice paid + 100% Tail Coverage
- Full Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- CME Stipend $5,000
- No State Income Tax
- Reno ranked in Top 100 places to live
- 30 minutes to Lake Tahoe, 2 hours to Sacramento, 3.5 hours to San Francisco
- Enjoy four seasons with over 300 days of sunshine annually
- Family-friendly community, affordable living, a thriving culinary scene, and other Perks
For more information please contact Monica Sorensen, In-House Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-982-4534