Position Purpose The Practice Supervisor is assigned to a specific medical practice and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, patient flow, quality of care and customer service. The Practice Supervisor is accountable for leading staff to assume accountability for decisions and actions for patient care in the clinic in accordance with Federal and State requirements and organizational goals. This position directs and oversees the management of operations with respect to their assigned location. This position has the responsibility to ensure the site is meeting and exceeding financial goals, lead staff to meet organizational goals, and ensure physicians are as productive as possible through scheduling and patient flow. This position meets regularly with leaders across the organization to ensure billing, scheduling, quality, technical and other initiatives / organizational goals are being met and exceeded when possible.
Nature and Scope This position is challenged to oversee and maintain operations at assigned location. This includes assessing and implementing short and long-range goals to ensure efficient functioning, quality care, and patient / physician satisfaction. The incumbent will also promote and support organizational and divisional objectives and initiatives. This position is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to support physicians and staff in providing quality care and service while achieving financial performance goals for assigned locations.
This position will typically manage sites with less than five providers and/or five staff members.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Ensure compliance to standards for the delivery of quality service and quality care in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize demands of daily operations and organize resources.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and build effective teams.
- Provides effective leadership for the support staff, including ancillary service where appropriate.
- Supervises all staff, including coaching, hiring, terminating, and performance management.
- Evaluates and monitors staffing and scheduling.
- Develops business plan for practice in conjunction with Area Practice Manager and Physician(s).
- Develops Marketing plan in conjunction with Marketing Business Partner.
- Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality improvement initiatives, including Patient Experience, Transformational Healthcare, Revenue Cycle, Population Health, Quality is Premium (QIP), Care Gaps and Quality Assurance.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing practice measures for Value-Based Metrics, such as PCMH, Meaningful Use and PQRS.
- Oversees all aspects of billing and financial management in the medical practice.
- Continually monitors adherence to policies and procedures by all staff.
- Actively works toward maintaining standards as established by Renown Medical Group, including various Physician incentive programs.
- Demonstrates performance improvement in the following areas: Clinical Care / Quality Outcomes, Customer Service / Press Ganey, Operational System / Process, Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Actively participate in various Ambulatory sub-committees as needed to promote operational, quality, and customer service improvement initiatives.
- Develops programs designed to obtain optimum morale and attitude.
- In conjunction with the Ambulatory or Revenue Cycle Leadership, develops practice operating plans and profitability goals.
- Develops and maintains effective communication within the Ambulatory division and medical management matrix.
- Promotes teamwork between providers and support staff.
- Develops and implements training programs for support staff designed to enhance quality of care, service, cost effectiveness and teamwork.
- In conjunction with Marketing/Contracting, develops and maintains a rapport with payor contracts.
- Is responsible for Facility cleanliness, safety, attractiveness, and good repair.
- Leads projects to further-improve quality of care within the practice and other Ambulatory practices.
- Must have a good understanding of marketing and the ability to work with the marketing group to communicate change and development to external and internal customers.
- A full picture view of the Renown Health network and how the ambulatory group plays an integral yet collaborative role within the system.
- The ability to develop new businesses with a focus on the Patient Experience.
- Responsible for researching and developing business development opportunities within the geographic area of responsibility. This includes:
* Understanding clinical demographics of existing population
* Current competitors in the marketplace
* Scanning the horizon for future services to better manage population health
This position does not provide patient care. Disclaimer The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Requirements – Required and/or Preferred Name Description Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Requires basic mathematical skills. Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree preferred. Experience: One year of increasingly responsible health care operations experience or business management experience. License(s): None. Certification(s): None. Computer / Typing: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.