Requisition id: 143527
Department: 510701 Administration
Facility: Hometown Health Plan
Schedule: Full Time – Eligible for Benefits, Varies
Location: Reno, NV
Renown Health, Northern Nevada’s largest and only not-for-profit locally governed healthcare network is seeking an experienced, motivated, passionate Physician Hematology/Oncologist to join our Institute for Cancer and physician-led, highly successful medical group. Renown Health is affiliated with the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, whose students, residents and non-oncology fellows rotate through medical oncology. In addition, Renown Health is affiliated with Stanford Healthcare for quaternary care.
The Renown Institute for Cancer (IFC), which includes Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Infusion Services, Radiation Oncology and Medical Genetics is a COC Gold Level accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program led by Jo Duszkiewicz, MSA. The incumbent will join a cancer leadership team that includes both employed and community based providers. Monday through Friday with minimum call responsibilities.
The cancer program includes 4 Radiation Oncologists, 8 community Hematologists/Medical Oncologists (affiliated through a PSA), and dedicated community surgical oncologists. In addition, the cancer program is supported by 3 medical oncology nurse practitioners, 9 nurse navigators, 4 certified research coordinators, 4 cancer registrars, and other supportive staff including outpatient social worker, dietitian, financial counselors and complementary medicine providers. With a patient centric culture and a multidisciplinary approach, the Renown Cancer program has a commitment to all of Northern Nevada, assuring timely care as close to home as possible. Outreach clinics and telehealth are foundational to the commitment Renown has to the rural areas of Nevada.
- Member of strong, established team and Renown’s Medical Group
- Member of strong cancer leadership team
- Competitive compensation package with value bonus
- Start-to-work bonus in addition to relocation assistance
- Health benefits, 401K with Match, CME allowance and more
- 7 weeks annual leave
- Paid Malpractice with 100% Tail Coverage
- Board certification covered
- Level II Trauma Center – 808-bed Medical Center
- Teaching facility for University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine
RENO/LAKE TAHOE REGION:
- No state income tax
- Listed in top 100 cities to live
- Our Central Location is just 30 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe and short driving distance from Sacramento and Bay Area/Napa Valley.
- Enjoy four seasons and over 300 days of annual sunshine
- Family friendly community, thriving culinary scene, affordable living, and easy access to a variety of outdoor activities
- Learn more about living in the Reno/Tahoe area
Kelly De Boer | In-House Provider Recruiter for Renown Health