The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will work with the BI team to deliver BI Solutions. This individual will help set the direction, strategy, and deployment of data that is critical to the success of the business. Incumbent will perform requirements analysis, data integration, data modeling, design, and BI development to deliver short and long term data solutions.
Nature and Scope
This position serve as a technical BI resource for Business Analysts, EDW Data Architects, as well as perform modeling, analysis, design and deployment of data delivery methodologies. Additionally, the candidate will assist with data governance, master data management and process documentation.
This position will also provide instruction and guidance to internal and external customers to ensure effective and efficient use of system resources. This position will be involved in selection, implementation and training of data tools and systems. Responsibilities include analysis of data requirements, resolution of data management and reporting related issues and participation in vendor and/or tool selection.
The incumbent will assist staff with data management and reporting system maintenance and troubleshooting as needed. The incumbent may work with outside vendors to provide and collect data needed in order to meet contractual obligations, reporting requirements, and/or company goals. This role requires strong technical ability as well as strong business acumen.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Building innovative data management and real-time analytic capabilities needed by the business
* Translate critical business requirements into actionable tasks
* Identify ways that the data infrastructure can best support or optimize business growth
* Recommend/set standards to improve quality of data and speed of analysis
* Collaborate with Data Architects and Application Specialists on changes associated with systems and interfaces
* Perform high level and detailed data requirements analyses, design and deploy complex data models
* Assist technical teams with data capture, ETL, validation, and test methods
* Perform data validation tests, QA testing of developed solutions
* Maintain and assist in data model documentation, data dictionary, and other MDM\\Data Governance documentation
* Provide analysis, recommendations to overall strategy to build data warehouse environment and supporting toolsets
Incumbent must possess:
* Thorough knowledge of physical database design and data structures (e.g. OLAP, Dimensional, Snowflake)
* Knowledge of one or more client-side development environments (e.g. Visual Studio .NET, Eclipse).
* Thorough knowledge of one or more database systems (e.g. Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, MongoDB).
* Experience with data management platforms (e.g. SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
* Proficiency in SQL.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.