Under general direction of the Director of Construction, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project development–scope, budget, and schedule during the proper sequencing of planning, design, and construction. The incumbent must also have a commanding knowledge of project governance–regulations/policies (federal, state, local), process/procedures (building industry), and standards/best-practice. The incumbent shall provide guidance and assistance to Project Managers in successful project management for the Health System.
Nature and Scope:
Incumbent will maintain accountability for the following:
* Provide holistic project management that transcends each of the individual disciplines that contribute to project development (avoiding any fragmentation that may occur during stages and phases).
* Exhibits a Servant Leadership mentality and maintain quality metrics and benchmarks for internal and external customers
* The incumbent must be able to function independently throughout the Health System
* Ability to maintain positive relations with the local jurisdiction having authority, stakeholders and key internal and external contributors
* Must have working knowledge of federal (CMS), state (NAC/FGI), and local (TJC) regulations pertaining to projects that are clinical (and non-clinical, with other regulatory requirements).
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Develops and implements standards, best practices and policies and procedures for the Department and System relating to Project Development.
* Manages the RFQ/RFP process for specific consultants and contractor services
* Manages all aspects of capital projects through all phases of the development process (scopes; budgets; and schedules during pre-design/planning; schematic design; design development; construction documents; bidding & negotiation; construction administration; commissioning; and post occupancy).
* Maintains safety standards and ensures a safe work-site environment (i.e. ICRA/ILSM/Permitting, etc.).
* Lead the development of design concept for projects and develop solutions to design problems
* Validate planning, design, and construction solutions, while supervising the work product (contracted by others).
* Identify FFE lead times to help with overall project schedules.
* Lead project development during planning stage of development by identifying rough order of magnitude (ROM) pricing for FFE (types & quantities).
* Lead project development with acquisition and installation of FFE items.
* Consistently strive to improve technical quality of work product by keeping abreast of new technologies, changes in building codes, and advances in the industry
* Work collaboratively in a cross discipline environment to produce integrated project documents, and insure integrated design approaches & solutions
* Provide mentoring and direction to less senior staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated corporate problem-solving track record
2. Proven ability to direct the appropriate resources to successfully complete simple physical modifications and complex multi-phase construction initiatives throughout the health network.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management or similar discipline with emphasis on healthcare development, planning, design and construction or applicable experience
Minimum of ten (10) years construction project management experience. Extensive wide-spectrum healthcare construction project experience will be given preference.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. E-Builder experience desired.