Under general direction of the Manager of Interiors, the Interiors Project Manager, is responsible for the following general categories (by order of complexity): 1) lead remodels of existing space (without major construction components); 2) support all aspects of furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FFE) for various project types; 3) continue developing interior design standards that compliment and reinforce Renown’s corporate brand identity (i.e. finishes, specialties, furnishings, etc.); and 4) satisfy requests for individual interior components (i.e. visual display, cubical curtains, partitions, wall protection, lockers, shelving, furniture, art, window treatments, accessories, etc.).
Simply stated, the Interiors Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of scope, budget, and schedule during the planning, design, and implementation of interior project development (including assistance with all phases of construction project development).
Nature and Scope
This position has contact with department heads, directors, managers, supervisors and staff to discuss projects which impact their areas. The incumbent works closely with the other department management and staff to ensure coordination of tasks within the department. Coordination with architects, contractors and other trades is essential.
Incumbent will maintain accountability for the following:
- Exhibits a Servant Leadership mentality and maintain quality metrics and benchmarks for internal and external customers
- The incumbent must be able to function independently throughout the Health System
- Ability to maintain positive relations with the local jurisdiction having authority, stakeholders and key internal and external contributors
- Must have working knowledge of federal (CMS), state (NAC/FGI), and local (TJC) regulations pertaining to projects that are clinical (and non-clinical, with other regulatory requirements).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Develops and implements standards, best practices and policies and procedures for the Department and System relating to Interior Design.
- Manages the RFQ/RFP process for specific consultants and contractor services
- Manages interior design aspects of capital projects through all phases of the development process (scopes; budgets; and schedules during pre-design/planning; schematic design; design development; construction documents; bidding & negotiation; construction administration; commissioning; and post occupancy).
- Maintains safety standards and ensures a safe work-site environment
- Lead the development of interior design concept for projects and develop solutions to design problems
- Produce or validate design layout for interior space planning and Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E)
- Identify FFE lead times to help with overall project schedules
- Lead (with interior projects) or help (with construction projects) during planning stage of development by identifying rough order of magnitude (ROM) pricing for FFE (types & quantities)
- Lead (with interior projects) or help (with construction projects) with acquisition and installation of FFE items
- Consistently strive to improve technical quality of work product by keeping abreast of new technologies, changes in building codes, and advances in the industry
- Work collaboratively in a cross discipline environment to produce integrated project documents, and insure integrated design approaches & solutions
- Provide mentoring and direction to less senior staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated corporate problem-solving track record
2. Proven ability to direct the appropriate resources to successfully complete simple physical modifications and complex multi-phase initiatives throughout the health network.
3. Must understand the basic assembly of drawing package and specifications document (i.e. embedded schedules; floor plan layouts with proper clearances; elevations; mounting heights; organization of CSI Master Format with numbers & titles).
4. Adopts a philosophy consistent with Renown Health Standards of Conduct.
5. Knowledge of system improvement and project management tools and methodology.
6. Knowledge of budget preparation.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Skills in analyzing, problem solving, planning, organizing, and time management.
9. Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decision accordingly.
10. Ability to set and manage customer expectations.
11. Analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with other departmental staff and management.
12. Knowledgeable regarding information technology tools for data edits and information analysis.
13. This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Accredited Bachelor’s degree with Interior Design, or related discipline is required with emphasis on healthcare project development, planning, design and construction. Advanced years of experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
Experience: Extensive wide-spectrum healthcare project experience will be given preference. Minimum of 5 years direct healthcare construction and interior design experience. Three years of administrative/management in interior design, FF&E evaluation and purchasing experience required.
License(s): Interior Design License preferred. Valid State of Nevada or California driver’s license and ability to pass Renown Health’s Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria
Certification(s): NCIDQ (National Council for Interior Design Qualification) Certification Preferred
Computer / Typing: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. e-Builder experience desired.