Manager of Patient Transport
Requisition id: 143208
Department: 200590 Patient Transport
Facility: Renown Regional Medical Center
Schedule: Full Time – Eligible for Benefits, 0800-1700
Location: Reno, NV
Incumbent coordinates day-to-day operational activities within the Patient Transport department, coordinating immediate work activities and ensuring appropriate utilization of resources. The Patient Transport department encompasses both patient transport and patient safety functions within the organization.
The incumbent must have a strong understanding of and background in logistics, an in-depth knowledge of transport principles, programs and techniques, experience in training development and implementation and be able to efficiently handle multiple priorities under pressure with minimal supervision.
Nature and ScopeIncumbent must direct the activities of the staff and have the ability to quickly assess, evaluate and deploy problem-solving techniques on behalf of the services offered. Incumbent must be able to function autonomously and make appropriate decisions that align with and support the patient experience initiative. Some functions of this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop policies and operating procedures to ensure patient transportation and patient safety outcomes, assist in developing programs and services as appropriate, evaluate existing services to ensure efficiency, quality and effectiveness of operations, while ensuring compliance with hospital regulations and applicable state and federal laws.
- Ensure effective communication between employee, patients, and visitors of Renown Health, and respond to their needs, requests and concerns as appropriate; communicate directly with leaders regarding specific problems or trends to ensure quality of services.
- Manage various personnel functions including, but not limited to: hiring, promotions, training, performance evaluations, coaching and corrective action, and scheduling.
- Implement patient transportation management plans across all sites and client groups
- Direct and organize the activities of the health network patient transport leadership team.
- Manage implementation and coordination of the patient transport function’s strategic plan, aligned with the organization’s overall business objectives
- Ensure there is a reliable tracking system for archiving data to be used in evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the patient transport and patient safety programs, making this data available to all levels of the organization. Provides presentations and training as requested.
- Prepare, monitor and manage the patient transport department budgets.
This position does not provide patient care. DisclaimerThe foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Requirements – Required and/or PreferredNameDescriptionEducation:Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s Degree required.Experience:3 years of leadership in experience, 2 years of logistics experience.
Applicants with experience in healthcare will be given preference.License(s):None.Certification(s):AHA CPR within 30 days of employment.Computer / Typing:Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.