Healthcare Call Center Supervisor
Requisition id: 140982
Department: 100625 Single Business Office
Facility: Renown Health
Schedule: Full Time – Eligible for Benefits
Location: Reno, NV
Under the direction of assigned department leadership, the Supervisor of Business Office is responsible for supervising an efficient and compliant billing, follow-up and cash posting process as designated. The Supervisor will ensure that all regulatory and payor requirements are met to ensure a compliant claims/cash processing. This is done through hiring, training, and supervising a qualified staff to perform the duties as outlined in the established guidelines.
Nature and Scope:
The Supervisor of Business Office is responsible for:
* Providing effective leadership and assistance to the Manager of Business Office in the efficient operations of the department.
* Overseeing the billing, collection, and cash posting functions including the establishment/compliance of policies and procedures.
* Maintaining employee engagement when work-flow increases due to program changes or staff reductions.
* Reducing accounts receivable and days.
* Increase cash flow by initiating ideas which will impact these areas.
* Meeting the needs of many customers including hospital/ancillary departments, physicians, third party payors, patients, review organizations, finance, and regulatory agencies.
* Maintaining current knowledge of federal, state and third party billing requirements, providing technical information to peers, subordinate staff and ancillary departments.
* Coordination with various departments within the hospital and/or ambulatory departments to ensure all billing information is available to complete the billing process in a timely manner.
* Other related duties and overtime may be required.
This position has the authority to:
* Authorize write-offs and adjustments to patient’s accounts in compliance with department policies to plan, develop, and implement billing procedures
* To hire, commend, evaluate, discipline, and terminate employees under direct supervision.
* Schedule employees, designate work, and schedule meetings with other departments and outside agencies.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Associates degree preferred.
Two years healthcare business office experience required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.