The Supervisor of IT, under general guidance from the Director or Manager of IT, will oversee IT team efforts to ensure quality and timely support is provided to users across all supported applications and platforms. This position will act as a liaison between the support team and business units. This position will provide support and guidance to the IT team as needed, as well as assist in enforcing work standards within the team, users, and business units.
Nature and Scope:
1. Works as a buffer between leadership, business units, and the team.
2. Optimizes the delivery of services at the enterprise level to realize an integrated (business/technology/healthcare) strategy.
3. Demonstrates the level of alignment between strategic goals and key technology decisions.
4. Enumerates, analyzes, catalogs, and suggests improvements to the support service integration processes of the enterprise, as needed, to support strategic and operational goals.
5. Evaluates and presents information that will facilitate effective and timely decision-making through written and oral communication that effectively summarizes findings with recommendations.
6. Creates technical process models/flows that show technical integration points between systems, platforms and solutions as requested.
7. Understands, advocates, and supports the enterprise’s information technology strategies.
8. Participates in the recruitment and selection of certain high-level technical staff, develops and oversees training programs in tools and methodologies for development and infrastructure teams, and leads or manages special project teams as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management, systems analysis, customer relations, and vendor contract negotiation and management.
- Experience with developing strategic plans.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practice.
- Knowledge and experience regarding the practical application of security/risk concepts, standards, and regulations in the enterprise.
- Expertise around industry best practices in the various aspects of IT, technology trends, enterprise operations knowledge, and the ability to develop solutions to implement key business strategies.
- Strong technology research skillset with proven ability present technology alternatives based on scope-level business concepts.
- This position works closely with executive leadership and executive leadership from non-Renown entities.
This position does not provide patient care
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field. Experience in related fields may be substituted for education on a two-for-one year basis.
Minimum five years Information Technology or Business Analysis experience, preferably in a health care environment.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Knowledge of MS Project preferred.