Call Center Customer Service Representative
Requisition id: CSR 1
Department: 100625 Single Business Office
Facility: Renown Health
Schedule: Full Time – Eligible for Benefits
Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Location: Reno, NV
This position will act as a liaison between Renown and its customers by handling inquiries and self pay collections at Renown Health. The successful CSR will use their collection experience and expertise to contact these patients in a compassionate yet expedient manner. The candidate will re-engage patients with techniques in attempting to resolve these outstanding balances. This position indentifies potential or existing service related operational issues for the purpose of increasing customer retention and satisfaction. Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Self Pay Call Center Manager and Supervisor of Business Office, the CSR is responsible for collecting maximum, targeted dollars on their assigned accounts in order to ensure the highest recoverability of self pay accounts. High standards of courtesy, performance, diplomacy and respect for our patients and their confidentiality are essential.
The major challenges of this position include dealing with patients/guarantors regarding their obligations in a diplomatic and professional manner. The CSR must also be able to determine ability to pay vs. willingness to pay and route their accounts appropriately when needed.
The CSR must be able to:
* Manage multiple priorities and consistently meet collection activity goals.
* Answer inbound phone inquires and places outbound calls to resolve outstanding self pay balances.
* Effectively handles all communications include telephone, mail, and email from patients/guarantors regarding their outstanding account(s).
* Effectively negotiates payments/payment plans.
* Identify accounts eligible to transfer to outside collection agency.
* Communicate effectively through phone and email and posses a high level of articulation and professionalism.
* Organize and collect financial information with little to no errors.
* Work in a call center environment with full knowledge that all calls are recorded for quality and safety purposes.
* Work in an environment that at times can be stressful due to subject matters discussed with patients and financial obligations.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. High school diploma is preferred and preference will be given to applicants who have earned a degree from an accredited college.
Minimum of one-year experience in hospital/medical billing, or customer service experience preferred. Experience in a call center environment preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Word. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.