The major challenges to this position include being able to understand and apply the technical skills and advanced physics required to operate the MRI scanner in an efficient and accurate manner.
The incumbent must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial, and safety appropriate to patients served ranging in age from infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric, and meet standards of quality as measured by the unit/department age-specific competency standards.
The incumbent will be asked to perform other job duties related to Renown Imaging as needed, including after hours standby and callback time.
This position has the authority to make technical decisions that will provide the best possible MRI image quality.
This position must be proficient in the use of various MRI scanning equipment.This position will require training and general knowledge attained to operate the hospital and department computer systems
The position is further challenged to maintain accuracy; communicate effectively with different types of people; to function efficiently and pleasantly under pressure; to identify and maintain priorities and to respond to simultaneous requests and demands from many people while remaining courteous and professional.
High standards of diplomacy and respect for confidentiality are essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Adopts a philosophy consistent with the Renown Health Purpose Statement and models Standard of Conduct Concepts.
2. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical motor/sensory, psychosocial, and safety appropriate to the age of the patients served.
3. Ability to interact effectively with persons of differing socio/economic backgrounds.
4. A thorough knowledge of MRI physics as applied to magnetic resonance principle.
5. The ability to manipulate the factors required to produce a diagnostic MRI scan:T1, T2, T2*, proton density.
6. Knowledge of all contrast media used in MRI; i.e., dosage, precautions, adverse reactions, and examination of appropriateness.
7. Skills to understand radiology filing and clerical functions.
8. Ability to utilize magnetic field safety measures.
9. Problem solving skills to effectively handle radiographic MRI technical occurrences.
10. A thorough knowledge of 3D anatomy and imaging planes as required by the radiologist.
11. A working knowledge of hospital and department computer systems.
This position does provide patient care.