This position works under the direction of the Senior Director of Development on the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals with the capacity to make a planned gift. As a planned giving officer, this position will serve as the Foundation’s subject matter expert on planned giving and work closely with the rest of the team in development related activities.
• Utilize knowledge of planned gifts to independently provide donors with specific information on giving vehicles including annuities, trusts, bequests, and other opportunities.
• Meet with planned giving prospects and their advisors, prepare financial illustrations of proposed gifts, and draft gift agreements for review by prospects and their advisors.
• Develop fundraising action plans for assigned prospects/donors, and strategically involve Renown senior leaders, physicians, staff and volunteers to engage, cultivate, solicit and steward top prospects/donors.
• Assist in the identification, recruitment, and support of high-level volunteers who will participate in related planned gift development activities.
• Assist with the direct mail program to educate prospective planned gift donors.
• Plans, coordinates, and offers seminars to prospects, donors, and professional financial advisors addressing estate planning, will preparation, and financial and social topics of general and specific interest.
• Establish procedures for tracking and qualifying prospects and for recording and reporting gifts, including stewardship of previous and current donors. Develop recommendations for gift acceptance policies and ensure that existing policies are followed.
• Use sound fundraising principles to maintain timely and consistent contact with current and prospective donors to establish and sustain positive relationships resulting in planned gifts.
• Serve as Foundation’s subject matter expert on planned gifts and proposals. Direct/coordinate other staff in producing other related proposal workflow, including research, creative design and outcomes reporting to funders.
• Conduct prospect research to determine individual donors’ giving interests and capacity. Engage in collaborative research activities to ensure focus is on strongest major gifts prospects.
• Work with appropriate health system leadership to determine funding priorities and maintain a current list of needs.
• Lend support to special events and other fundraising projects as needed.
• Represent the Foundation in the community by participating in appropriate civic organizations and maintain active membership in professional philanthropy associations.
This position is highly visible to Renown Health’s employees, senior management, physicians and the general public and is subject to constant interruptions from walk-in traffic and telephone calls. High standards of courtesy, performance and respect for confidentiality are essential. Independent judgment is required for appropriate decision making, problem solving and priority setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• A strong base of development knowledge in order to communicate effectively with physicians, donors, prospects, and volunteers who are often educated and sophisticated leaders within the community.
• Ability to foster relationships with internal and external constituencies to seek, acknowledge, and steward donations for the satisfaction of all parties involved.
• Strong writer with skills in public relations, marketing, communications and strategic planning are required along with excellent written and oral communications.
• Maintain a high standard of professional practice and ethical conduct.
This position does not provide patient care.