The DevOps Release Engineer works closely with software developers and cloud solution deployment teams to create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines. This position will enable the integration of codebase changes and configuration to include automated testing and user validation into multiple production on premise and cloud environments.
Nature and Scope:
1. Coordinates enhancement and hotfix deployment activities, related to release management, including the deployment of test, staging and release versions of code and ensure that systems are functioning correctly post-deployment.
2. Plans, implements and documents source code management, version control and system build management systems.
3. Reviews deployment packages with developers to ensure code is properly staged for deployment.
4. Ensures that operational processes are followed and improved upon, including proper Change Management processes and approvals for all types of releases.
5. Manages scheduling and communication of deployment activities, including emergency change implementation.
6. Collaborates with colleagues in developing and executing a robust test and release process.
7. Proactively identifies, recommends and implements process and other improvements
8. Manages source code libraries.
9. Produces and maintains technical documentation to insure process compliance across the organization.
10. Enforces adherence to regulatory, security, and compliance concerns.
This position does not provide patient care
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE, or similar field is required, or 3-5 years’ experience as a Build/Release Engineer
* 3 years’ experience as a Build/Release engineer or related experience
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing and support.
* Experience managing Production deployments to load balanced web servers, including experience deploying hotfixes to live websites.
* Experience with Source Code Management systems
* Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and manage workload based on project deadlines and priorities.
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Demonstrate strong written and verbal skills needed for documentation and leading production deployment calls
* Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or other CI/CD platforms
* Source Control technologies such as TFS, Git, or Subversion
* Visual Studio Code Analysis or ReSharper
* Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
* Shell Scripting or Powershell
* Windows Server Management
* Kubernetes, Docker, and other containerization technologies
Computer / Typing: Professional: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.