This position is challenged with providing quick and efficient service while still providing quality beverages and maintaining a pleasant attitude. The incumbent provides a variety of beverage services, including preparing packaged sandwiches and salads to the organization's specifications. The incumbent also is responsible for order taking and cashiering. The incumbent has the authority to satisfy customer requests within the guidelines, and act as necessary to keep the area clean. Decisions that must be referred to the supervisor/manager include what items to serve, any equipment failure, and complaints from customers, scheduling, and any problems with co-workers. In addition, this position is responsible for:
1. Develops enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
• Welcomes and connects with every customer.
• Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet sales goals.
• Offers customer demonstrations and samples using brewing equipment.
• Customers creates opportunities for customer to interact with the product.
• Responds to customer needs and says thank you to every customer.
• Demonstrates the "Just Say Yes" behavior by taking care of customer needs.
2. Provides quality beverages consistently for all customers
• Prepares Starbucks beverages to standards.
• Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
3. Maintains Quality store operations
• Follows store policy and procedures for operational flow at each station.
• Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
• Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a store team member.
• Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication by using Star Skills with all customer and partner interactions.
4. Contributes to store profitability
• Follows cash handling procedures and cash register policies.
• Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
• Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
5. Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the barista position
• Is responsible for self-initiated learning.
• Learns and demonstrates creating the Starbucks Experience.
• Learns and demonstrates all performance standards listed in the Core Learning Journey Guides.