The responsibilities of the position include:
1. Conduct primary data collection and analysis. This may include the identification of the research need, development of research plan, construction and testing of research tools, management of data collection, analysis of research findings, including patient, employee and physician experience, attitude and behavioral data, and report writing and presentation of research results. Serve as market research consultant as directed by manager to other areas within Renown Health.
2. Serve as the primary contact between market research vendors and the Renown areas that use or have requested market data, including, but not limited to, satisfaction research and consumer preferences/perceptions. For projects conducted through the use of a contracted market research vendor, ensure sound research design, set priorities and deadlines, assist in communicating meaningful data to internal Renown customers, monitor research project status and ensure payments are processed.
3. Conduct individual and group training sessions for supervisors and managers. This includes training Renown employees on using on-line “real time results” web-based program/s, and presentations on improving patient and employee satisfaction. This may also include explanations of research methods, statistical analysis, and suggestions for action plans.
4. Assist in reporting system-wide primary patient satisfaction research data to all state, federal, and private agencies as requested or as needed to fulfill contractual and/or affiliation agreements (JCAHO, NCQA, MHA, health insurance companies, etc.).
5. Conduct qualitative research. This includes facilitating focus groups, writing reports, and presenting the findings to Renown Health clients.
6. Maintain and continually develop current knowledge of health care market research techniques, focus group testing, industry norms and evolution. Attend meetings, conferences, and seminars as directed.
7. This position may interact with Renown Health leadership (Directors and Vice Presidents) as needed to support their research activities.
8. Work collaboratively to gather input from administration and medical staff to develop goals, objectives, activities, time frames and resource requirements.
9. Implement research plan on schedule, as well as monitor/evaluate plan according to set goals.
10. Develop strong working relationships with Renown departments and develop their “story” from available data and research for patient experience improvements.
This position does not provide patient care.