This position is a project-oriented role that works with leaders to analyze the business operations of various service lines or businesses throughout Renown Health. Incumbent provides project, service line or product line analytical services, research and/or technical expertise for a broad array of financial and operational issues. Participates in the planning and development of departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion, high level reviews and conducting area wide analyses for target development. Conducts or participates in complex projects where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of factors.
Nature and Scope
The main purpose of the position is to help Renown analyze financial and operational data to make recommendations. Incumbent will have responsibility for the following: · Conducts financial analyses independently and participates in complex projects.
- May direct the production of ad hoc and periodic reports for department, facility, or division.
- Participates in the planning and development of division budgets, budget system completion; high level reviews and conducts area wide analyses for target development.
- Prepares understandable and defensible financial analyses of decision alternatives by utilizing spreadsheets and accessing various databases.
- Writes reports of recommendations and delivers formal presentations of analytic findings and suggested action steps. · Develops feasibility studies and business plans to support new lines of products and services.
- Incumbent may be responsible for department specific applications, data analysis and reporting.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science from an accredited college or university or proven experience in a similar area required. MBA or MS will be given preference.
Experience: Intermediate level of experience is required in planning, finance, accounting or consulting in the health care field. Applicants with a Transformational Health Care Certification will be given preference.
Computer / Typing: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced working knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. In addition, experience with Access and Macro is required.