Plan, develop, execute, and prepare reports for financial, operational, and compliance audits; external audit assistance, self-assessments, and special projects, as requested; and internal control and information systems evaluations at the direction of the Chief Corporate Compliance Officer. This position holds primary responsibility for planning, writing audit programs, reviewing, and reporting on operational audits, and performing and tracking follow-up on all action plans from those audits.
This position determines the proper levels of staff to accomplish tasks, and requires technical abilities, judgment, and experience to review the work of other staff in the department.
This position must be objective and independent of the activity being reviewed. It is authorized to have free and unrestricted access to organization functions, records, property, and personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills; effective oral and written communication with both internal and external contacts, which clearly and effectively convey project objectives, evaluations, conclusions, and recommendations; understanding of human relations; maintaining satisfactory relationships with project clients.
2. Proficient in knowledge of risks and controls for various financial cycles in an organization.
3. Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Maintain absolute confidentiality.
5. Ability to apply knowledge and address situations appropriately without extensive recourse to technical research in the following areas: Internal audit standards, procedures, and techniques; accounting principles and techniques; and management principles.
6. Participate in the annual audit and ompliance risk assessment and compliance reviews.
7. Develop compliance auditing and monitoring plans.
8. Lead and Supervise auditing and monitoring projects to address specific healthcare compliance risks.
9. Investigate and resolve compliance issues.
6. Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet computer programs and various office equipment.
7. Willing to increase level of technical competence specific to the organization and the health care industry.
8. Develop staff by verifying the adequacy and effectiveness evidential documentation.
9. Ability and experience in evaluating risks and controls and develop audit programs in areas not previously audited.
10. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Proficiency in time management.
11. Proficient in report writing and communications at all areas of the organization.
12. Motivate and encourage others to enhance teamwork.
13. Supervise Senior Auditors
This position does not provide patient care.