This position works with the other team members and the user community to provide solutions that meet overall functional needs relating to information technology and system configuration. This position shall participate in process change initiatives to redesign and implement improvements to support Renown/Hometown Health in a multiple health care product environment. The focus is on end-to-end business process improvements that drive the operation of the business to ensure business transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• System Configuration
• Proactively identify opportunities and participate in the design solutions that increases automation and resolves system deficiencies, as defined by department needs
• Provide instruction and guidance to new and existing team members to ensure effective and efficient use of system resources and comprehensive and thoroughly tested solutions based on customer requirements.
• Research and develop system configurations and resolves issues in a timely and accurate manner.
• Determine optimum configuration layouts, assist in the building of data elements and databases, as defined by department needs
• Participate in benefit plan design and configuration, as defined by department needs.
• Provide support and enhancements to applicable web based services used by internal and external customers.
• Provide support in the development and maintenance of parameters of data files used for claims, billing, patient data, internal and external provider data, or other data needed for department functionality.
• Participate in processes to maximize accuracy and quality measures required by departmental success.
• Document the business impact of system issues. Assist in formulating and defining requirements, design, testing, implementation, training, and support through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems and business unit requirements.
• Develop clear and concise ad-hoc reports utilizing the current analytical and reporting environment.
• Work with all vendors, internal and external to Hometown Health to ensure accurate system configurations.
• Participate in the loading and configuration of new diagnosis and service codes.
• Participate in audit programs to ensure accuracy and quality.
• Work directly with customer base to design and develop automated solutions for departmental and functional requirements. This includes screen design, pathways, system flows, interfaces, report design, system documentation and recommendations for alternate non-mainframe support software for manual and automated support systems.
• Support and provide extraction of operational data from various source systems.
• Provide system solutions to other departments to help resolve their business needs.
• Transform, aggregate and integrate information and promote efficient and effective delivery of information to the end user. Data collection and presentation involves the creation of design specifications, accessing data through a variety of databases and the creation of accurate, meaningful and relevant information for diverse audiences. Information management requires maintaining integrity of data and working with other departments to acquire information.
• Participate in quality improvement and change management procedures and processes.
• Operate with a great deal of autonomy requiring skills in project management.
• Provide accurate and timely project status reporting to ensure compliance with established timeliness to department leadership.
• Build, test and support files/systems within assigned products and scope with IT team.
• Develop clear and concise process flows and supporting documentation for business owners and units.
• Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users.
• Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple and more complex tasks with high quality results and adherence to deadlines.
• Maintain regular communication with Project Managers, vendors and customers.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Demonstrate the ability to manage workload independently, as well as part of a team.
This position does not provide patient care.