The Administrative Director has significant operational scope with respect to the Renown Health Medical Group, the Health Services Division and other ambulatory and ancillary duties as assigned. This position supports organizational Administrative and Physician Leaders and Medical Directors in the delivery of quality care and service in a cost-effective manner. The Administrative Director is accountable for leading staff to assume accountability for decisions and actions for patient care in the practice in accordance with Federal and State requirements and organizational goals. The Administrative Director is responsible for the execution of strategic initiatives both at a divisional and system level. Incumbent will have strong working knowledge of physician practice operations as well as aspects of physician networks.
The position will also evaluate existing service lines and products to ensure competitiveness in the market while staying focused on patient/customer care excellence. The Administrative Director’s primary focus will be on development, enhancement, integration and optimization of the patient experience from a service line, service delivery and patient product perspective. Significant partnership and effective communications with physicians and other care givers will be required to ensure success in the position. At the direction of Executive leadership the Administrative Director’s responsibility includes the development, creation and implementation of new service lines within Health Services. The incumbent will also work collaboratively with Acute leadership as needed to ensure that physician services are meeting programing and clinical quality expectations. The incumbent shall address and resolve all issues pertaining to practice operations in accordance with established budgets and policies and procedures of Renown Health. The incumbent shall demonstrate visibility and build
Nature and Scope
The Administrative Director will have several key initiatives and skills for success:
1. The ability to optimize clinical and business performance within a given portfolio of services. This will be accomplished through input and collaboration with clinical and non-clinical team members.
2. The ability to review, adjust and augment existing business service lines. This will include forecasting, auditing, review of budget and expenses and the ability to manage through influence.
3. The ability to manage projects independently or collaborate within a team setting. Excellent organizational skills, the ability to set and adhere to time lines and other project management skills are a must.
4. The ability to develop business lines that support and embrace Renown’s journey to Value.
5. The ability to provide oversight of assigned facilities
6. Develop physician recruitment plans and work with recruitment team to attract and hire top talent.
7. The ability to work on complex, cross-functional issues that take into account the viewpoints of multiple stakeholders.
8. The ability to communicate and influence across varying levels of the organization.
9. The ability to present coherent and compelling proposals to leadership.
Duties/responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Provide monthly financial and operation performance improvement reports to Leadership on status of tasks or goals of the group practice.
2. Development and implementation of annual budgets. Provides projections and department analysis as needed.
3. Employ strategies to optimize reach into the community
4. Evaluate and make tactical changes to ensure optimal provider RVU production
5. Use benchmark driven decision making to deliver sustainable group practices
6. Collaborate with Payer Contracting to optimize Net Revenue opportunities
Human Resource Management
1. Develop and implement operational and personnel changes to improve performance
2. Provides effective leadership for providers, support staff, including ancillary services where appropriate.
3. Is an inspiring leader
4. Develops and maintains effective communications with Physician leaders and other practice administrators.
5. Creates collaborative work environments
6. Recruits, develops and retains top talent.
Business and Clinical Operations
1. Strong knowledge of physician practice metrics, compensation methodologies, and physician strategy
2. An understanding of value driven compensation and impact of clinical operations on risk based reimbursement arrangements
3. Work collaboratively with leadership and peers to develop ancillary services
A successful candidate will have the following skills:
1. Champions innovation and supports change.
2. Promotes continuous learning and employee development.
3. Executes plans to achieve growth goals.
4. Problem solves and addresses issues raised by physicians, employees and patients.
5. Exemplifies excellent customer service towards patients, families, visitors, volunteers, physicians and co-workers.
6. Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect.
7. Demonstrates exemplary communication and interpersonal skills resulting in proven relationship building capability.
8. Complies with all Federal, State and other regulatory guidelines and expectations.
9. Continually evaluates operations, analyzes processes and initiates changes.
This position does not provide direct patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Bachelor’s Degree required. MHA or MBA strongly preferred. Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
Minimum of five years experience in managing and leading groups, preferably in a healthcare environment. Minimum of three years experience with direct practice management. Experience in project management highly preferred. Prior EPIC experience preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.