Under the direction of the assigned leader, this position participates, both independently and in a group setting, in the analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of new and existing application systems used within Renown Health entities. This position works with the user community to resolve technical problems, application performance issues as well as support optimization and enhancement efforts. This position supports the design, configuration, testing and supporting of files and system changes within assigned products and scope, including system administration functions.
Nature and Scope:
- Have a solid understanding of the business and operational aspects within the Renown Health Entities, and the software/hardware used.
- Create and maintain appropriate build documentation.
- Troubleshoot simple problems, requests and questions from end users.
- Design, test, implement and support files/systems within assigned products and scope under supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple tasks with high quality results and adherence to deadlines.
- Investigate end users preference while making design decisions about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, while navigating choices involved in application specifications.
- Analyze business operations as they relate to design decisions, and prioritize and implement requested changes to the system.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs, and analyze new functionality in releases to determine how/if it should be used, and review and test each new release.
- Dependent on the Application(s) supported this position may be required to take call.
- Develop Level of Effort estimates and ability to track actual time worked accurately.
· Maintain regular communication with Business Owners, Project Managers, Vendors, and Customers.
- Perform analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with assigned software/hardware used under supervision.
- Develop clear and concise process flows and supporting documentation for business owners and units.
- Adhere to standards for naming and numbering conventions, change control, environment management, and security classifications.
- Demonstrates understanding of Data Architecture and Integration concepts and strategies, experienced in designing data integration solutions preferred.
Teamwork, Collaboration, Professionalism, and Leadership:
- Assists in facilitating meetings with end-users/business owners.
- Work with a general level of supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience preferred.
2+ years experience working in a Healthcare setting, physician practice or hospital preferred.
1 + year in application configuration/design experience, preferred.
Application Certification may be required based on application(s) supporting. Certification must be completed within 6 months of hire. Certifications may be subject to policies of the Vendor.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Typing: 45+ words per minute.